Bradley Bound Blog

Tips For Classes

College can sometimes get overwhelming at the beginning. There is a lot that happens in the first few weeks that keep you busy. After a few weeks, you will develop a routine. Classes will begin and you will develop a new routine. Something I learned was to find an outlet. By an outlet, I mean something outside of classes that you enjoy to do. Everyone has a different outlet but it’s important to find one that pertains to you. Some examples are movies, reading, sports/gym, hanging out with friends, or even just taking a walk. I have found that these outlets allow you to relax and take your mind away from classes for a while. I have also noticed that when I come back to school work, I am more focused and can think clearly.

I think everyone can agree it is difficult to get up in the morning for school. In high school, we have no choice but during college, you get to choose. When you register for classes you’re able to choose the times of your classes. Some people like getting their classes done early while others enjoy sleeping in a little more. Depending on your preference, you can pick when you want classes. I started off taking early classes and I liked it surprisingly. I had an 8 am on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I used my Tuesdays and Thursdays to sleep in a little more. I find myself to be more productive when I get up earlier. Most other people find it better for themselves if they get more sleep. Whatever your ideal schedule is, you have the option to choose earlier or later classes.

The last tip I have regarding academics is not as serious but still helpful (I hope). I highly recommend getting a wireless computer mouse. I never owned one before college because I never thought I needed one. A computer mouse is one of those things that you don’t think you need/want until you own one. I use mine every day and it seems so small, but it makes a big difference for me. Also, they are not very costly which is what every student wants to hear! I hope all these tips are helpful. If anyone has any questions about advice, I’d be happy to help.

Bradley Admission

Add comment

Bradley University Logo

Disclaimer

Opinions expressed in the blog do not necessarily reflect those of the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, and we cannot guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of the information provided. We assume no liability for any reliance by any person on the blog.