Bradley Bound Blog

My Favorite Peoria Area Spots

Hey everyone! I thought I should tell you guys some of my favorite places to visit in Peoria. I’m always interested in checking out new spots, so be sure to let me know if you have any favorites as well if you know the area! You may notice a lot of them are food-related, that’s because I love food and you will too once you go to these spots. 

1. Cyd’s in the Park

When I first visited Bradley, Cyd’s was one of the first places we had dinner, and I was hooked. This amazing woman owns the restaurant and cooks all night in the kitchen. Cyd comes around the tables and greets everyone like family. The food is marvelous and the ambiance is great. It’s in the middle of Donovan park, and the awesome thing is when the weather is nice you can go to the little market under the restaurant, pick up a picnic and find some lovely place to have lunch! That’s something I haven’t done yet, but I really cannot wait to try it. Hope you’ll check it out!

1. Westlake Hall

This place is right on campus, and it’s just an amazing study space. It’s one of Bradley’s oldest buildings, but a few years ago they added on to it. Now the inside is this beautiful sunlight-filled room with tall ceilings, and Westlake’s old exterior is now literally inside. Everyone’s favorite spot to study (or nap) are these stairs with big cushy pillows so you can lean back to enjoy the light streaming through the skylight and get some work done. Don’t forget to grab a Starbucks in the convergence center, library, or student center beforehand!

1. Zion

This coffee place is to die for. It’s in downtown Peoria in an area that feels really genuine with brick everywhere and huge windows. Zion is one of those places that feels trendy and unique, but in a way that doesn’t feel inauthentic. The food is really good and the chai tea latte, forget about it. Personally, I am in love with the cinnamon roll. It’s huge and so sweet and sticky. I love to catch an uber and go down there to hang out and have a delicious cup of tea and a cinnamon roll, though I hear the avocado toast is fantastic as well.

1. Sugar

Sugar is one of a few restaurants hosted by Spice Hospitality. They’ve also got Thyme, Cayenne, and a couple more, but I love Sugar the most. Contrary to the name, it’s actually a pizza place, and it’s right down the street from Zion! They have all kinds of different pizzas with toppings that just go so well with one another. They’ve also got pasta and sandwiches if you’re feeling something different. I absolutely love their crust. I think that’s one of the most important things in a pizza, but that’s just because I love bread. They also have this s’mores Nutella dessert pizza that is soo good. If you want something quick and easy, check it out!

1. Ribbon Records 

Okay, so I’ve saved the best for last. This place has got to be magic. It’s about a two-minute drive or a 10-minute walk from campus, and it’s a vintage clothing and record store. I, unfortunately, do not have a record player, but the selection is still really good. The vintage section in the back is amazing. I’ve always had trouble with jeans, especially vintage ones because they normally don’t fit my waist and my thighs, but let me tell you this; every pair of jeans I have tried on from there fit me perfectly. So of course, I buy them every time and compared to California prices, these are cheap! They’ve also got great shirts, sweaters, sweatshirts, and even overalls and jackets. Ribbon Records is an amazing place that you have to check out if you’re into this sort of thing, you’ll fall in love as I did!

I hope you liked my little list of favorite places and please comment if you’ve been to any of them or if you have any suggestions for me! Have a great day future Braves!

Erika

My name is Erika Hoff and I’m a senior here at Bradley with one more year to go after this one. I’m from Simi Valley California and I’m a User Experience Design major with a Graphic Design minor in the Slane College of Communications and Fine Arts. This is only my second year at Bradley as I transferred here last fall from my local community college in Southern California. You’ll most likely find me in class or the library working on my latest app design or sketching out some new art projects. If I’m not there I’m working at the admissions office with my fellow STARs or giving a tour telling some potential students about the magnificent Lydia Moss Bradley.

Add comment

Bradley University Logo

Disclaimer

Opinions expressed in the blog do not necessarily reflect those of the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, and we cannot guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of the information provided. We assume no liability for any reliance by any person on the blog.