Bradley Bound Blog

My Experience As An Education Major

Hello everyone! 

My name is Joanna and I am a Junior Special Education major. I hope to work in an Elementary school setting in the future. In the past two years, the Department of Education, Counseling, and Leadership has greatly helped me grow. One of the first classes an education major takes here at Bradley University is ETE 116, Introductory Field Experience. Right at the beginning of my academic career, I had the opportunity to spend time in an elementary school classroom two times a week for the entire semester. I observed the class, collaborated with the teacher, and helped the students. 

Having this incredible experience during my freshman year reinforced my decision to pursue a career in education. I am on track to have over 700 hours of field experience by the time I graduate. Getting to spend so much time within an elementary school enables me with the skills and experience needed to successfully manage my own classroom one day soon! All of the courses I have taken thus far have also greatly prepared me to become a teacher. Even though I still have two years left of college, I  already feel prepared to become an impactful teacher one day. 

I have had very positive experiences with my courses and professors.  My professors have time after time proven that they truly care about ensuring all their students succeed both inside and outside of the classroom. In addition to pursuing a Learning Behavior Specialist 1 (Special Education) degree, I am also working towards getting an English as a Second Language endorsement. I feel very grateful that I can pursue two of my passions: Special Education and ESL. Deciding to further my education at Bradley University is one of the best decisions I have ever made.

Bradley Admission

Add comment

Bradley University Logo

Disclaimer

Opinions expressed in the blog do not necessarily reflect those of the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, and we cannot guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of the information provided. We assume no liability for any reliance by any person on the blog.