Bradley Bound Blog

Big Brothers/ Big Sisters

Hey everyone,

So I am going to tell you just a bit about one of the organizations I am involved in here at Bradley. This organization is called Big Brothers/Big Sisters and is a program where you have the opportunity to mentor an elementary student at the local primary school. Here is how the process works…

When you get to campus and choose to get involved in this program, you will reach out to the site coordinator, Hannah, and she will set up an interview with you. In this interview, Hannah will just get a sense of your personality and interests to best match you with a student waiting in the program for their Big Brother or Big Sister. She also does interviews with the kids and works to best pair you two up!

My matches name is Khyree, and he is the sweetest kid! We have been matched since he was in Kindergarten, and he is now in 3rd grade! What is awesome is that as long as you are in town and able to meet 2-4 times per month during their lunch, then your match will continue throughout the years at Bradley. We go over to the school which is a short walk away from Bradley’s campus, and we eat lunch, play games, and go to recess with them just to help be a positive role model in their lives.

This is an opportunity that anyone with an interest in children or mentoring should definitely take up, and is extremely fulfilling, to say the least! Let me know if you have any interest once you make it to the Hilltop, and I would be more than happy to connect you with our campus coordinator!

Jackson

Hello all! My name is Jackson and I am a current Senior Kinesiology & Health Science Major going into Physical Therapy from Urbana, Illinois! I also have a double minor in Business Studies and Religious Studies. Currently, I am involved in Greek Life, Bradley Chorale, Big Brothers Big Sisters Program, and am a Student Admissions Representative giving tours and such!

Add comment

Bradley University Logo

Disclaimer

Opinions expressed in the blog do not necessarily reflect those of the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, and we cannot guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of the information provided. We assume no liability for any reliance by any person on the blog.